How do you like to start off your day?
I know that I like to start off each and every day with a little bit of coffee and a whole lotta Jesus!
I usually get up a walk straight to my Keurig and make myself and my husband our coffee before doing anything else in the morning. My husband knows not to even speak to me until after that first taste of coffee has touched my lips.
I am instantly a new person after coffee and I am not exaggerating. ..
I am a coffee-aholic, no lie. My dream is to one day travel the world, teaching, speaking, writing and sharing God’s word all while visiting little cafes drinking different varieties of coffee.
I love Jesus and coffee that much and I hope and dream that this will one day come true!!
Coffee calms me and soothes my soul to the core. So once my kiddos are dropped off at school and I return home to work, I then feel as if I can start my day fully without the mundane of my daily routine dragging me down.
This is now my time to fix another cup of coffee and focus solely on soaking in the presence of Jesus.
Have you ever felt that way?
Does the mundane of life seem to drag you completely down?
Well, if you have ever felt that way, you are not alone! Most of us have felt this way at some point throughout our lives. We lead overwhelmingly busy lives. We are always rushing here, there and everywhere and we do not always start our day out with Jesus like we should. Our priorities tend to get out of whack because of all of our “life” demands. We would rather start our day off by reading the latest gossip from Facebook, Instagram, or snap chat before picking up our bibles or devotions.
AM I RIGHT?!
I am just being real here! Each and every day we make choices that potentially either have negative or positive impacts on our day. I know that 9 times out of 10 if I open my facebook first thing in the morning, I will read at least 5 status updates that are negative, annoying and just downright rude. So in return, I start feeling negative, annoyed and angry or rude toward the person that wrote the status update and I then rub my “bad attitude” off onto the people I love in my family.
So wouldn’t you like to start your day off with a positive outlook on life?
WE NEED TO CHANGE OUR PRIORITIES!
Start your day with…
Here are a few ways on how to start your day off right!
- Download a daily devotional on your phone and before you log onto any kind of social media, read your devotional first.
- Write your favorite scripture on your mirror or a post-it note and place it in special places so that you can visually see it every day. You can also do this for other family members in your home as well. Wake up each day and quote that scripture over yourself!
- Make a cup of coffee or your favorite beverage and read the word of God, taking time to ponder on the scriptures you are reading and not rushing through the scriptures only to get done sooner.
- Take 10 minutes to soak in God’s presence with praise & worship music. This will allow God time to speak to you. You need only to be still and listen.
- Take 10 minutes or so in prayer and give thanks to God for giving you another day.
These tips will help you to start your day off right with a positive attitude and I promise you that if you begin to start your day with these tips, you will see a change not only in yourself but your family as well.
~This contains Amazon affiliate links, but you can click each link at no cost to you.